Patrick Kelechi, Lagos


DAILY COURIER – There was panic around Jibowu area of Yaba in Lagos State early Wednesday, as the multi-storey office complex of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) went up in flames.


According to reports, several people were trapped in the building as the fire raged.


The incident forced many workers in the multi-storey building to scamper out of their offices to the ground floor of the building.


Latest reports, however, indicate that the fire has been put off and rescue operations are ongoing.


DAILY COURIER gathered that the fire might have started from an electric spark from one of the appliances in one of the offices in the building.