A nascent Digital Print Media Company is in Dire Need of reporters across the 36 states of Nigeria including the FCT.
WorkFlow : 24/7 remotely
Interview Shortlisting : Virtual (except those residing in the FCT)
Renumeration: Industry standard
We are looking for a passionate Reporter to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased “scoops”.
• Collect, verify and analyze thoroughly newsworthy information.
• Assemble findings into a stable story
• Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind.
• Publish or broadcast news stories
• Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
• Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
• Contact, interview and research sources
• Maintain notes and audio recordings
Cooperate with reporters, chief editor, producers etc
• Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the “beat” by studying papers, attending events etc.
Requirements and skills
• Proven working experience as a Reporter (advantage)
• Portfolio of published articles or newscasts (advantage)
• Ability to gather, write and edit news
• Broad knowledge of headlines
• Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
• Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
• Integrity and morality
• BS degree in journalism or mass communications (advantage)
Forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission closes August 31, 2022